- Option set Name: A name for your Option Set Name. For your reference only, does not display on product page.
- Same as default variant SKU: Set the new variant SKU to the same as the default product variant. When this value is uncheck Option Price Calculator will set its own SKU.
- Disable add to cart when parent product is out of stock: Checking this option will disabled the add to cart button and display out of stock when the parent product is out of stock.
- Calculation Label: Calculation Label appears in front of your Products Final Price. <Label> <Prefix><Store Currency><Price><Suffix>
- Calculation Minimum: This is the minimum price a product must have. If the price is calculated as less than this value, your price will be set to the Calculation: Minimum value.
- Decimals: Number of decimal places to show.
- Calculation Prefix: Calculation Prefix comes directly before the product price and before the story currency symbol. <Label> <Prefix><Store Currency><Price><Suffix>
- Calculation Suffix: Calculation Suffix comes after the product price. <Label> <Prefix><Store Currency><Price><Suffix>
Add to Cart Method #
This determines what the application will do when a product is added to cart for the option set. This allows you to use different add to cart methods for each option set. Selecting Default will use the method selected in Settings -> Default Add to Cart Method. Any other option will use the selected method in the option set. It is important to know that you must configure the add to cart methods in Settings before they will work.
- Selecting “Default” will use the add to cart method set in Settings.
- Selecting “Popup” will use the built in popup add to cart method. For the most part this will work out of the box but you should still configure this.
- Selecting “Cart (DOM)” will use the DOM settings and redirect the customer to the /cart.js page. This must be configured or you will get $0.00 products showing on the cart page.
- Selecting “Ajax Drawer (DOM)” will open a slide out cart and use DOM selectors to ensure the right info shows in your drawer. The cart is opened and integrated through the Add to Cart Script found in settings.
- Selecting “Spinner” will show a spinner (customizable) when products are added to cart. Users can either be directed to cart page or left on the product page after Shopify has completed adding the variant to the backend. Shopify uses a queue process to do this and this can be slow. No configuration is required for this method but you might think it is slow.
For the fastest, configuration free method, use Popup.
If you are using a free Shopify theme, the best method is to use Cart (DOM) or Ajax Drawer (DOM). Both these methods have built in configurations so they are easy to set up. If you are using a different theme, it will require some developer knowledge to configure.
Option Set Price Calculation #
- Automatically Add Option Values:
When Automatically Add Option Values is Checked, the application will add all values for all options within the option set together and set the products price.
When Automatically Add Option Values is Unchecked, you can write your own custom price formula for the option set. Any option that is part of the option set, will be available for use in the calculation. The value returned from this calculation will be the final price of your product.
Write a formula to calculate your final product price. Use calculation variables and common math functions like +, -, *, /, (, and ). Formulas will follow BEDMAS.
If your formula is not validating try adding spaces between the elements.
Apply a discount to your Option Set Calculation. Discounts can be fixed values, percentages or calculated using a formula. Discounts are an Elite feature.
Product Weight Calculation #
Write your own product weight calculation formula. This will be evaluated when a product is added to cart and the resulting weight will be applied to the product to ensure shipping calculations are accurate.
Product weight calculations are an Elite plan feature.
Run a script after product added to cart #
This is an advanced setting generally not recommended for most users. It lets you apply an option set specific add to cart script. This would allow you to open a slide out cart drawer on one option set, a notification popup on another and do something entirely custom on another option set.
This is the same settings found under Settings -> Add to Cart Script but in this case, it only applies to the option set where as the other settings, apply application wide when this setting is not turned on.
We include several built in scripts for Shopify free themes. You can also write your own for you custom theme.